Testing paint ..

Enyaw

namuh
crumble.jpg

I painted this on October 16 using Oil and Cold Wax . Here I crumpled it up into a ball sort of .. a little tighter than it shows here as it opened a little when I put it down. I basically wanted to see if the paint/wax would break on bend. NO.
unrap.jpg

To my surprise not a crease ... weird stuff but true. and in the end it went where failed studies go.
fail.jpg

I should have tried to iron it back flat but never thought of it before I had it going to the sin bin.
Maybe next time. Painting is such fun!

I would think ironing it would make some toxic fumes maybe? But it's great it didn't break in the folds.

That's really interesting Wayne - I take it the oil/wax surface didn't stick to itself when two surfaces contacted each other during the crumpling.
Thanks.

Yea, it came up clean. But I don't know my wax ratio .. I know it's more than they suggest. I find the more oil in a paint the more wax I need to bring it to where I like the look and feel of the paint. Over time I have come to the conclusion I'm about 75 to 100 percent ratio of paint to wax. It seems like a huge amount but the paint is not brittle and I apply paint much thicker than a wash. I'm going to try a heavier painted one next time up.

Yea, it came up clean. But I don't know my wax ratio .. I know it's more than they suggest. I find the more oil in a paint the more wax I need to bring it to where I like the look and feel of the paint. Over time I have come to the conclusion I'm about 75 to 100 percent ratio of paint to wax. It seems like a huge amount but the paint is not brittle and I apply paint much thicker than a wash. I'm going to try a heavier painted one next time up.
Thanks a lot - I gotta dig up my wax and oils and give your ratios a try.

Back