Tea ceremony

Hans

Since my stay in Japan for a few years in the mid 1980's I have an interest in most things related to Japanese culture. No surprise therefore that when I came across a photograph on Internet of a tea-ceremony I just had to use it for a painting. The size is 50 * 60 cm on canvas.
Commenst as usual appreciated.
Thanks for passing by.
Hans

Tea ceremony.jpg

How lovely! The whole scene, including the palette choices and subject matter, radiate calm and quiet. I like the shadows. What's not to love? I'm sure the tea is going to be hot and calming, too. ❤️ Very nice!

Lovely painting and an interesting scene, I like the light and shadow. :)

Lovely piece. I think it's really great all around, but I have attention pulling toward her right hand. Are you trying to depict movement there? Or ? What is going on there?

Wonderful subject and very good capture of the clothing and ambient light. Perhaps revisit the drawing of both figures right hands. Not sure how I feel about the head being croped out.

Your kind words are appreciated folks. The lady is holding a "cha sen" in her right hand. It is a tea whisk made of thin strips of bamboo. It did not come out very well in the photograph I made of the painting.

Back