Surf's Up At Weird Trees Beach - SpBt

Trier

Supporting Member
There was a frost coming, so I took in some potted plants and set them anywhere there was a space, and one wound up in front of the Speedboat painting. I glanced at them together, and suddenly saw the speedboats' wake as a big crashing wave on an undiscovered beach in some exotic/ET place as seen through some weird tropical trees that lined the shore.
Took a photo (second image)
18x24 in acrylic/paper
P1000425Surf On Weird Tree BchM1 SpBt.JPG

Photo
P1000029CROP.JPG

The plants are Sunpatiens, for those who might be interested.
C&C

I love this. Thorns and all! Those are thorns, no? If not, they should be. I like thinking they are. Can you make the red more pink?

I like it Trier!! This painting just keeps evolving. :giggle: ❤️ (y)
Thanks sno, sometimes I feel like just a spectator watching the painting going it's own way, or seeing something like the butterfly still in the caterpillar/cocoon stage and try to help it develop and fulfill it's destiny.

I love this. Thorns and all! Those are thorns, no? If not, they should be. I like thinking they are. Can you make the red more pink?
It's a little amazing to find how close we are in seeing this one in the same way Arty!

I intended to be ambiguous about the leaf/thorn thing in order to say that they were both at the same time. Sort of another sweet/sour, heads/tails relationship that fascinates me, even though some view it as trite and corny.
So yes, they are thorns.

Re Pink; I had a big debate with myself over whether the blossoms, or 'coconuts', on the trees should be red, pink or orange.
I decided on orange to match the sun vs using pink as an accent, but now that you think they should be more pinkish, that tips the scales, because I highly value your color judgements, Will turn them pink with pastel or a collage to see and post.
Thanks.

The inception of this is fascinating. How we often miss these little juxtapositions. In any case, the end result is terrific.

Back