Statue of Liberty, image transfer

Terri

Supporting Member
I never know anymore where to post my stuff. :LOL: This image transfer is from a color infrared shot I took in Las Vegas - most decidedly not the real Statue of Liberty in New York!

Image was converted to B&W, then transferred onto tissue paper. The tissue paper was then mounted over various papers I've pulled from the gelli plate and cut up. Assembled on 8x10" canvas along with a piece of sheet music, text from an old book, and washi tape.

Statue of Liberty, IT on gel plate.jpg

Just messing around. :) I'm enjoying playing with this gel plate. Thanks for looking!

Terri, I'm enjoying reading and learning new things from your art. Statue of Liberty and the buildings around are looking cool in this setting.

Yay! Another gelli plate adventure! Your image transfers work out so well and I love how you use them with collage.

Moscatel, Donna - thank you both for the kind words! It's a fun learning process.

Donna, maybe some day I'll have your skills with the plate, but I doubt it. ❤️

Might I say a notable compositional study. You make those plates palatable. It seems to me the gel plates are a vast array of stencils which are very unlimited. Nice work.

You've done it again! Original, creative, a thinker's work of art. The composition is very intelligent and, well, kinda perfect, in my opinion. The colors are oddly working, so you always think well outside of the box. Do you know what a great artist you are?

♥️

So very creative! Congratulations on your success with this medium. I have the supplies to try but haven’t had a chance yet.

John, Ayin, Sanlynn - many thanks for the kind words! It's a fun process to play with and everyone's positive comments are so appreciated. ❤️

Back