St. Zilch Xpost Abstract - Closed Eye Techniques

Trier

Supporting Member
This is unfinished of course, and it may never be, but it is as close as it is going to get for awhile, so I decided to post it before I lose everything.

I need SLG to do a proper halo , but needing things like that is the Saints’ usual lot.
He also might need a face, but I leave that up to the viewer for now.

It has been said that St. Zilch is the Patron Saint of all the deplorable, untalented, unaccomplished, unknown,disdained, disrespected, ignored but sincere artists of the world.
So he is depicted in his usual uphill struggle, following the Golden Way ever upwards.
28x18ins acrylic/paper
P1000705Final2BigHaloM1.JPG

How this all came about and the process is described on the Abstract Forum

I had never heard of St. Zilch but I can sure identify with him. Thanks for posting this and thanks for the description that goes with it. Well done. (y)

I love the painting and the story. It's lovely. I think the colors and the composition are brilliant!

I had never heard of St. Zilch but I can sure identify with him. Thanks for posting this and thanks for the description that goes with it. Well done. (y)
Thanks sno; I was going to name him St. Unkn, but I looked the name up on Google just to be safe ,and would you believe that there were 6 instances of that family name in Scotland in the 1800's !

I love the painting and the story. It's lovely. I think the colors and the composition are brilliant!
Thanks Arty.
You know you were the one who said it was a good thing to leave the drawing marks visible in the final versions of paintings, for which I thank you. Besides the artistic aspect, it saves me a lot of erasing and covering up.

I like the idea of a St. Zilch, being a low talented total amateur paint-smearing hardlyartistic
but full on chancer....myself.

I love this and it reminds me of the Las Nabis school which I also love.

Doesn't need anything or anyone else.

Back