Southsea Rock Garden

Arnie

mini-10x.JPG

Detail
mini-PeopleDetail.jpg

I first did a watercolour, and an oil pastel study and used them along with photos (for details) as references for this oil painting. I found having a clear view of where I wanted the painting to go worked well, being able to steadily work thru and not getting stuck at any point.

C&C Appreciated. Thanks for looking. Arnie
Impasto Oil on Canvas 30x20 inches

Just beautiful Arnie! You always paint scenes that I want to be in (as in places I'd like to hang out at). The foliage work is beautiful. hmmm.... I wonder if he's going to propose to her? It looks like the perfect spot for that . I LOVE it ❤️

Thanks CaliAnn. That question didnt occur to me, but I wanted the interaction between them to be interesting for the viewer. Thanks Arnie

Lovely! It's a beautiful scene, and the texture here is yummy. Great work!

It's beautiful! I just love all the textures and colours in the plants. I like the way my eye is led along the path and up the steps to the couple too.

Great job Arnie. Beautiful. One small nit-pick might be that maybe the color of the figures could be less saturated or cooler? It would add more depth and compete with the foliage colors less. The foliage is gorgeous.

Wonderful work.

These are lovely. And I am envious, as I get stuck many times despite planning!

Great job Arnie. Beautiful. One small nit-pick might be that maybe the color of the figures could be less saturated or cooler? It would add more depth and compete with the foliage colors less. The foliage is gorgeous.

Wonderful work.
Thanks John. I'd been wondering about that saturation too. I signed it yesterday, painted the missed/underside edges, and reduced slightly the saturation on the orange. Have to wait for some sun to take a final photo.

You are so talented, Arnie! What a gorgeous painting!
Thanks Donna - after over 10 years of painting now I'm getting to know what works for me. Doing the initial study on this one was a first for me and it helped a lot. Going to do more (quick) studies for all my future oils, particularly if a expensive canvas is required.

Back