Solitude

Balaji

I went on a holiday during the first half of this month carrying my art material and hoping to paint every day. But, as it turned out, I could not manage even one painting over the last twenty days. Finally, this evening, I attempted a very simple painting, drawing inspiration from a finished demo painting by Steven Cronin that I saw on YouTube yesterday (but without viewing the demo video itself). As I often do, I worked with the dried up, left over paint mixes on my palette. The painting is on A3 size 270 gsm Chitrapat watercolour paper (rough).

20230721_160034.jpg

Lovely, calm water- nice distance. No idea what you were supposed to have taken from the video, but the work is well done.

Lovely, calm water- nice distance. No idea what you were supposed to have taken from the video, but the work is well done.
Thank you.
I need to clarify. I was inspired by this image of a demo painting posted saying that the demo itself would be posted the next day. I haven't watched the demo yet. I will today.

Thank you Terri. I am glad that you like these subdued colours. It is one of the few things that I have deliberately changed from my reference image.

Lovely water, very peaceful. I know I will not have time to paint or draw on holiday, as I prefer to experience the environment and activities of my trip, so I hope you enjoyed yourself!

Lovely water, very peaceful. I know I will not have time to paint or draw on holiday, as I prefer to experience the environment and activities of my trip, so I hope you enjoyed yourself!
Thank you Joy. I did enjoy myself. I was visiting Bangalore (or Bengaluru as it is called now) after six years. I have a lot of relatives there, many of them in their 80s and 90s, and I was happy to meet up with all of them. I did carry a very small sketchbook around and whenever we had breakfast out I would place my order and try and sketch something before we were served. My wife sketches too, and therefore she is very understanding when I do this. :)

Reactions: Joy
Back