Sold!

JStarr

I'm not good at selling my work- I prefer to give it away, Free to Good Home. It is uncomfortable for me to put a price on my work even though I have a guide: base plus size plus shipping/packaging/framing- but it still feels uncomfortable.
Posted this when finished on a FB writers' site to which I belong, and yesterday I was contacted by another member who wants to buy it- refused to not *buy* it. So, tomorrow it gets packaged up and wings its way eastward.

Cobalt Camillas 16" x 22" 400 grit beige UArt

cobaltcamillas02A.jpg

Congrats on the sale! Your blues are gorgeous in this piece! Not surprising that someone just had to have it. :) Great job.

Congratulations on the sale, that is just a gorgeous piece of work! ❤️❤️Don't be afraid to price things, it gets easier with practice. I used to feel uncomfortable pricing. At first I feel like I am pricing too high and then I think it was probably way too low. 😄

Thank you, Wayne- the guy who bought it bought another piece with that blue bowl and a couple calla lilies- very high key compared to this one. Nice pairing, I hope.

Thank you, Terri. The reference had the most beautiful reflected blue light on the "wall", but everytime I tried to put it in, it looked... completely wrong.

Thank you, Ms Snoball- I just find "selling" uncomfortable- doesn't mean I don't do it, but it is always uncomfortable.

Beautiful, gorgeous painting! Congratulations on the sale! It sounds as though you might have a collector.

Oh, he collects art from a few of us who wrote for the site. Nice man- he and his live in are going to go live in Prague I think it is. He'll have art galore there!

Well done on the sale, it's a beautiful painting. I love the way you have painted the glass and the reflected colour.

Congrats!!! This is an amazing work of art. It should be paid for at a premium. It's truly exquisite! ❤️

Thank you, NTL, I appreciate your kind words.

Thank you, Triduana- I like painting glass, it does wonderful things with value and colour.

Thanks Artyczar- he paid premium last time; since he has to frame it this time, I gave him a very small break!

I really appreciate all you folks' eyes- even if this one is wrapped in glassine and packaged in foamcore already. It all helps.

Beautiful blues in this. Love your style. Congrats on the sale.
Thanks- that bowl is featured in many works because it often works. I'm rather surprised no one mentioned the friendly bat on the left side "wall"- I rather left it strictly alone after trying THREE TIMES to get the refracted reflected light in there and failed miserably all three times. I suppose he's happy there since he stayed.

It's off to the other side of the country, now- and a baby peony and a few muted leaves, then that one is at sit and sip- I love that part.

Then a trip to Pa to see DH's family, and back to endure summer in the desert southwest. I had to turn my a/c on yesterday....🤬

PS: Nightowling ?

Sit and sip often shows such critters slipping into a work one has been too close all along to see.

If I'm worried about a section and cannot figure out why, I turn it to a mirror. Bats, unlike vampires, DO show up in a mirror.... 🦇🦇🦇

I agree, a beautiful painting - hope you got a good price for it. I like the strong red and pure blue glass bowl, and inclusion of the bat in the shadow. (y)

I'm not good at selling my work- I prefer to give it away, Free to Good Home. It is uncomfortable for me to put a price on my work even though I have a guide: base plus size plus shipping/packaging/framing- but it still feels uncomfortable.
Posted this when finished on a FB writers' site to which I belong, and yesterday I was contacted by another member who wants to buy it- refused to not *buy* it. So, tomorrow it gets packaged up and wings its way eastward.

Cobalt Camillas 16" x 22" 400 grit beige UArt

View attachment 30839
Congratulations!!

I always celebrate "sales" by any artist! And, you certainly deserve a sale on that beautiful, eye-catching painting! Good for you!

Back