So Much Sky

laika

Loitering Member
Thunderstorm rolling into a section of Canyon de Chelly, Navajo Nation, Chinle, Arizona. Phone photography.
wash.jpg

Wow! I love the look of the dark clouds over that landscape. Beautiful photo, Lamar!

Such an exciting scene! Beautiful area, and you did a great job with your phone camera. Wonderful landscape! Very dramatic skies.

I might be tempted to crop the lower part of the frame, just up to where the field stops and the treeline starts. But I see that would also be the end of your square format, which is very nice, too. Just a thought. :)

I might be tempted to crop the lower part of the frame, just up to where the field stops and the treeline starts.
Thanks, Terri! That's a good suggestion, but I thought it was interesting that some of the Navajo still live and farm in the canyon during the summer. But composition-wise, I agree with you :)

This is really dramatic! Love that dark sky and I find the contrast between the green foreground and the bare rock really interesting. :)

Thanks, Terri! That's a good suggestion, but I thought it was interesting that some of the Navajo still live and farm in the canyon during the summer. But composition-wise, I agree with you :)
Cool!! I didn't know that - it's only adds to the beauty of the area. ❤️

Back