Self portraits

Artyczar

Snoball posted incredible self portraits in the Oils forum. It reminded me of these two simple watercolors I did.

foolleavesdetail.jpg

foolinstitchesdetail.jpg

I like both of them very much Arty but that first one is special. Very good! ❤❤

Well everyone knows I'm seldom serious, always clowning around, but I wanted to make a statement about the underlying feelings of a clown.🤡

about the underlying feelings of a clown
Not sure if it's appropriate to jump in with my own mediocre self-portrait that I did with oil-pastels (not watercolours) after losing a friend when realizing, that I was never more for him than a clown.

Looking at the making-of, I wonder if I should have stopped at state #2.
But I was so troubled and agitated then I couldn't stop.

Never-More-Than-A-Clown.jpg

Not sure if it's appropriate to jump in with my own mediocre self-portrait that I did with oil-pastels (not watercolours) after losing a friend when realizing, that I was never more for him than a clown.

Looking at the making-of, I wonder if I should have stopped at state #2.
But I was so troubled and agitated then I couldn't stop.
It says a lot Roni, with the clown and the frustration both. I like it even though it was done during a low spot in your life.

It's really good Roni. I like the fully finished result. There is something about it that really captures all the emotion (for me anyway). It moves me with sadness and pain, contemplation of loss of loving someone dear. Yet, with all the color, it's so lovely. I love the eyes (and the nose too!).

I love all of these portraits - Artyczar, both of yours are terrific with nice color balance. And Roni, I like yours too. Agree with Artyczar that the end result is the best with wonderful use of color and line.

Back