Rocks

moscatel

Oil on wood, 15x22 cm, 6x9 in, alla prima. Primary colors (red, blue, yellow + black and white)
The rocks (minerals) are: "Calcita naranja de Mexico, Amatista violeta de Finlandia & Diopside de Outokumpu, Finlandia"

1526.jpg

IMG20240307140835.jpg

Moscatel, you have great color vision. I like the various tones and the sparkle from the whites. They have a crystal like appearance,
Bill

How lovely! These all look less like rocks and more like jewels to me! I think I recognize the "Amatista violeta de Finlandia" as amethyst - I think it's a birthstone for February. They're all so colorful I'm guessing they could all be polished into gemstones.

I like this natural ruggedness for the painting, and your highlights and tonal variations. Really nice work!

Terri, amethyst it is - thank you for the name in English! These are all my husband's rocks. I only borrow them to paint them. He does polish them to gemstones but he says these three particular ones are so pretty rocks that they need to be kept as they are. They served as interesting models to study the surface and to try to paint them.
Thank you for your comment!

Back