Robert Ross

Bongo

R.Rossxx.jpg

"Robert Ross" oil on 12"x16" canvas panel

comments welcomed

Oh that Robert Ross! Great likeness, Bongo. I miss him and his happy little trees.

Donna, Wayne, Grizabella, thank you!

Some fun facts - Master Sergeant Robert Norman Ross spent 20 years in the Air Force. On the "Joy of Painting," he adopted a soft smooth voice not wanting to raise his voice like he had to the Air Force when giving orders.
"Joy of Painting" ran for 11 years on PBS and Ross made --nothing. He did the show for free. His income came from selling art supplies, how-to-tapes, etc.

Ahhh, I so miss Bob Ross. He encouraged many folks to paint, including me! He died on the 4th of July. Sigh.....

Great portrait, Bongo! Even I could pick him off, your likeness is so well done - and I watched a single show! Thank you for sharing so much of his bio. Who knew he did the show for free? Would that ever happen these days, I wonder? Applause to him and to you! 👏

No questioning who this is! Ewe dun gud. ❤️
Sno.. Hank Who!

Terri - good question. Youtube kinda does that. Where you don't get paid (unless you have sponsors) for your channel, with hopes of making money thru patrons and selling "how-to programs" etc.

Back