Porch with a Flag

Joan T

I have sketched this porch a few times in the past and it called to me again. It is hard to pass up the flag swaying in the breeze. This was done in my Canson Universal Sketch book. Although it says it is ideal for dry media, I use it a lot for ink sketches with watercolors added. This is 5.5 x 8.5.

Attachments

• IMG_8765.jpeg
    IMG_8765.jpeg
    124.2 KB · Views: 128
Great job! Your flag is vibrant!

Such a homey scene, well done.

Wonderful, as usual, Joan. Would like to set up challenges like at WC, so we could post in one thread, as opposed to individually, and get feedback.

Wonderful, as usual, Joan. Would like to set up challenges like at WC, so we could post in one thread, as opposed to individually, and get feedback.
Should we do that now or wait till some Hunt list at WC used up the host there ???

Thanks so much, everyone! It is funny. I usually drive around until something strikes my fancy. Usually I can find something but yesterday I couldn't find anything I wanted to sketch. I think the problem here in NY is that not much is in bloom and the fall colors haven't started yet. But INKTOBER is coming!

Lovely colour choices, Joan - I'm impressed that you've managed to get such vibrancy in the foliage and still make the flag pop.

Back