Pen and Chalk

MurrayG

Contributing Member
Hi folks, not sure where to put this so it landed here. A quick sketch on the beach today. Pen and chalks on Kraft paper pad.
IMG-154412-penchalk-1.jpg

Hi Folks, thanks heaps. It was a quick sketch on the beach, Only took pens and some black and white conte on the off chance I may get something done. The storm coming off the mountain was a bonus.

So beautiful! I love the windswept look of your sketch. The pops of white set it off. It's lovely to contemplate.

Lovely drawing. I really like the movement of the clouds.
Cheers,
Patricia

I really like this and find the approach very nice— might try it myself!
Hi scamall, I always fall back on pens, its quick and expressive, nice if not overdone. But I cant help tryingto add colour so I usually carry 4/5 pastels for highlights the whole lot with a sketchpad is easy to carry about. Goodluck, Im sure ou will like it.

I never thought of chalk with ink. It really added a beautiful effect to the scene. ♥️♥️♥️

I love how this came out. I never thought of chalk with ink either but it works well.

Beautiful landscape. What I like is the combination of the back ground color together with chalk and dark pen.

Beautiful landscape. What I like is the combination of the back ground color together with chalk and dark pen.
Thanks Moscatel, I still like pen drawing even tho pastels seem to ring my bell these days. I agree , the combo works for me.

Back