Parrot Tulip

ams

I started this with a pen and ink version and then added watercolor. 5"x7" on Arches hot press. This was an experiment on hot press since I haven't used it in a long time. I was pleased with how it worked.

Pen & Ink version
20240405Sm Tulip (wde 4-5-24) Ink.png

Color Added
20240405Sm Tulip (wde 4-5-24) Color.png

I love when you work in these media and show us the progress. This one is no exception. This is another fantastic piece. I'd love to see a whole show of these works sometime. ♥️

Reactions: ams
Just gorgeous, Anne! I'm glad the Arches hot press did well for you here. Very nice paper and it shows off your work to perfection. ❤️

Just noticed this is on hot press. Even more impressive!

I love when you work in these media and show us the progress. This one is no exception. This is another fantastic piece. I'd love to see a whole show of these works sometime. ♥️
Thank you. I'll keep it in mind. I don't always remember to scan the steps along the way.
So beautiful! You blended the colors so realistically!
Just noticed this is on hot press. Even more impressive!
I watched a video on working on hot press that I found very helpful. I dampened each area before I painted it so the paints covered more easily and soft edges worked better.

Thank you. I'll keep it in mind. I don't always remember to scan the steps along the way.

I watched a video on working on hot press that I found very helpful. I dampened each area before I painted it so the paints covered more easily and soft edges worked better.
I only used hot press once, a sample piece. Then I bought some I never used. Could you please link that video?

When I first opened the thread, only the first picture was showing and I thought, oh I would love to see this one in color and Behold! There it was! Just stunning. ❤️ 🌸

Thanks for the comments everyone. It was an interesting experiment.

I only used hot press once, a sample piece. Then I bought some I never used. Could you please link that video?
Sure Joy. Here is the YouTube link:

Anne, thank you! I love Rachel and likely saw this when it was first released, as I sub to her channel. This time I will pay more attention and apply the techniques.

Back