Painting at the beach

Mississippi Hippie

It was in the 60s today so my family went to the beach and I made this painting. It’s 48” long by 36” I believe. The dog dug sand up on it, my husband collected sea plants, glass, and stones I used for the painting by spraying around them to get their shape, brushing with plants, and scratching. The detail shows some of this.
IMG_3594.jpeg

IMG_3592.jpeg

I wouldn’t call it finished.

Attachments

• IMG_3593.jpeg
    IMG_3593.jpeg
    109.4 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
A plein air abstract - how cool! It looks great and I’ll bet it was fun to do.

I really like this one! It's fresh and fun. I like how you all got involved too. :)

You turned out a very pleasing and interesting painting. And it goes well with the bedding.😊❤️

It was in the 60s today so my family went to the beach and I made this painting. It’s 48” long by 36” I believe. The dog dug sand up on it, my husband collected sea plants, glass, and stones I used for the painting by spraying around them to get their shape, brushing with plants, and scratching. The detail shows some of this.
View attachment 38242
View attachment 38240
I wouldn’t call it finished.
A very joyous work.

I agree with what Donna says: it's a plein-air abstract. What a beautiful idea, the dog got involved, so you can't go wrong! Love it. ♥️

How fun!! Beautiful colors and shapes, textures - this has it all. How wonderful that it was a family venture!

Back