Optical Sound

OleKobe

My first experiment in painting to music - where colors and brush strokes represent the sounds I heard. Acrylics on 8.5x11 cardboard.
I look forward to your critiques and interpretations!

100_8037.JPG

Last edited:
Coohool! The inevitable question would be, what music medium did you use? I guess, in a sense, this could be representation.

I always paint to music... and my music selections are often quite removed from what you would expect based upon the paintings. I also tend to make huge jumps from one style of music to another: Mozart to The Rolling Stones to Duke Ellington to Johnny Cash... What sort of music were you listening to?

It almost reminds me of a kind of synesthesia interpretation. It's compelling and rich with a feeling heart. ❤️

I always paint to music... and my music selections are often quite removed from what you would expect based upon the paintings. I also tend to make huge jumps from one style of music to another: Mozart to The Rolling Stones to Duke Ellington to Johnny Cash... What sort of music were you listening to?
Thanks for the great comments. This one is within the rock genre. I might have to try jazz, classical, and country.

The source for that abstract - a bit of psychedelic madness from my scratchy 45 collection. It's on YouTube if you want to check it out...

45.JPG

Thank you all for the great comments and interesting interpretations. I might have to do a few more of these sound paintings.

Back