Old Telephone

ams

Ink and Inktense in XL Mixed Media sketchbook. About 5"x7".

20240612Sk8 Old Telephone (WDE)-Inktense.png

That's so cool!! Great job with the inks, Anne.

I've been working on an old phone myself, in acrylic. They have such character, don't they? :)

Reactions: ams
That's so cool!! Great job with the inks, Anne.

I've been working on an old phone myself, in acrylic. They have such character, don't they? :)
Yes, they are fun to do. I love playing with all of the detail and the chipped paint.

I love all the detail on this but why does the receiver have 2 cords? I go way back and don't remember ever seeing one with a cord on each side. Just curious. :giggle: ❤️

I love all the detail on this but why does the receiver have 2 cords? I go way back and don't remember ever seeing one with a cord on each side. Just curious. :giggle: ❤️
Yes, the reference actually did have two cords. I wondered about it too, but that was what was in the reference. I guess it went back to the time the cords were directional and each could either bring sound in or send sound out.

However...this image was from stockcake which has ai generated images. I'm not sure what that means but maybe it makes up things that don't exist.

Here's the link to the reference: https://stockcake.com/i/vintage-telephone-classic_333753_340614

Love this old timer!
I think the cord must be for the lamp that is on the right side of the phone. Looks like an electrical cord.

Terrific sketch!
I think that one cord could be from the wall to the base unit, and the other from the base unit to the hand piece.

Back