Norway

moscatel

"Norway", 22x27 cm, oil on wood. Today is a rainy and boring day so I make a post.

I used my own photo as a reference. I've also been painting pleinair in this area so I have some memory how these fjords are in real. Norway is a place where I recommend to go paint pleinair and would be there myself all the time if I could. This photo is the closest I can get when photographing this painting.

1613_20240707143800.jpg

This is beautiful, love the line of trees and the distant mountains. I'll be visiting Norway in November, very excited about it.

Triduana, thanks!
Where in Norway are you going?
I took this reference photo just south of Trondheim. We went there by car crossing Sweden which was surprisingly short to drive.

Wayne & John, thank you!

I was after atmosphere in this painting. Also the ref. photo has it so it was logical I was trying that.

Last edited:
Gorgeous painting, Moscatel! The deep blue in the middle ground really draws me in and the variety of colors in the sky is subtle and so beautiful. I wish I could say I’ve seen a fjord in person.

Really well done. I especially like the composition, with the variety of shapes.

Thank you, Joy, I guess the composition of the ref photo was pretty much like this, l didn't do too many changes to the painting.
It's amazing how rocky Norway is and the little land down in the valley is for living and cultivation. Some have built houses up in the mountain I suppose because there's not enough land. I really didn't see flat lands. Maybe there is, somewhere. We stayed in a cabin up-hill but I got great views down to the valley to paint. 👍

Gorgeous painting, Moscatel. If I could travel this is one of the places I'd like to see, and your beautiful painting makes it that much more enticing.
Bill

Thanks, Bill! It's everywhere like this. You go driving with car and there's a view like this one after another and even more spectacular fjords and waterfalls.

Triduana, thanks!
Where in Norway are you going?
I took this reference photo just south of Trondheim. We went there by car crossing Sweden which was surprisingly short to drive.
We're going to Bergen. It's just a 1.5 hour flight from where we are. We'll definitely be going to see the fjords either by train or boat - we haven't decided yet. I'm very excited as I've always wanted to go. I will post photos. :)

Beautiful place, wonderful painting. I especially like the blue and treatment of central painting. The in between colour gives it an almost burred effect. Works lovely! 💜

Triduana, oh wow .. you go to Bergen, that is a pretty city. I think Bergen is located by a fjord, too. We didn't drive all the way to Bergen because there is the dangerous looking Trollstigvägen in between Bergen and Trondheim, the road looks so dangerous that I just couldn't. Maybe I need to get more brave.
I will wait for your photos! Remember to post! 😊

Back