Namma Chennai 2.0 Park

Balaji

This activity park is located under the MRTS ( Mass Rapid Transport System) between Indiranagar and Thiruvanmiyur Stations and was the venue for a Chennai Urban Sketchers' event on 17th Sept 2022. Unfortunately I landed up in the Indiranagar half while the other participants had got together in the Thiruvanmiyur part of the park. Not knowing that there was a Thiruvanmiyur portion I waited for a while for others to show up and then did a twenty minute sketch of the view from where I was seated. But after I had finished my sketch I managed to connect with the others.

The park is a recent addition to Chennai's public facilities and is being put to good use. But the noise and pollution from the heavy traffic on OMR (Rajiv Gandhi IT Expressway), and the stink from Buckingham Canal are terrible. Surprisingly I did not see or experience a single mosquito during the one hour and more that I spent there.

My sketch is approximately 17 cms x 22 cms on cartridge paper, in a custom made sketchbook, using a 0.1 calligraphy sketch pen.

Namma Chennai 2.0 Park (CUSk event).jpg

Intricate work, Balaji! It sounds like a fun day (despite the stink!) :ROFLMAO:

Excellent. Plein air sketching is always a challenge. Happy you escaped the mosquitos and found your group. Makes me smile as I lost my car in the airport parking lot today. Sigh....

This is a really good sketch! I love the hatching and I really like how you drew the figures.

Back