Mushroom

Scamall

Supporting Member
Ink on Bristol smooth and assorted inking
5C1EAE55-AD36-40E6-A201-55FE82516537.jpeg

Therein lies the rub. However, there are a few ways to hang them without putting tacks through the corners, like using tiny square (strong) magnets on the four corners. I have done this a few times and hung the work in a grid when they were all the same size (looks good), but the magnets sometimes leave slight marks on the paper. However, you can usually erase these marks afterward with a gum eraser, or at least make them extremely less visible. If someone is buying the work, they will essentially frame the work and will never see the marks, especially if they will be framing them with a mat. I can find where I bought these little mini magnets if you want.

Another way is to do tape loops on the backs of the paper and tack the loops instead of the paper, but good luck getting the tape off the back. You may have to leave part of the tape there permanently, but you can then hang it again at a later date. It's a pain in the ass to make all the tape loops. And make them all the same exact size to get everything to look super slick and consistent for a galley setting.

Don't use drafting tape for this because it won't stay put for long on the wall. Use white artist's tape.

Then there are little binder clips. I like all silver ones, and then hanging them on push tacks. This too will make slight dents in the corners of the paper.

There are cheap Ikea frames for about 10-20 bucks. I know even that could add up. I like the blond wood ones. The simpler the better.

I have always (in the last decade) just paid through the nose to frame my work, only because I charge a lot for my art. It's an expense I have to eat, but I'm not really eating anything once the work is sold. I just have to eat it while the work sits in my possession. But that's the cost of living the "dream." :ROFLMAO:

Thanks so much for your generous help. I do want to sell more art but my energy is greater for making than marketing! I need to buckle down and just do it. I’ve thought about one of the artist groups that sell prints and handle the business portions for a commission. A local gallery would also be nice. I’m a confirmed introvert and can be charming but sitting at art fairs sounds like torture. Meanwhile, there is a LOT of artwork piling up!

I kinda hate marketing too, or a lot of aspects of it. It's a choice, that's for sure.

Back