Meon Dog Walker Oils Version

Arnie

mini-MDWOils.JPG

Been working on this one for too long now. Going to give it a rest and then decide what needs to be done before signing it.

C&C Appreciated. Thanks for looking. Arnie
Impasto Oil on Canvas 24x18 inches

This is a beautiful painting and scene. I wonder if the dogs are not prominent enough? I don't know if that's because of my monitor, or if the greens are overwhelming everything else?

This is a beautiful painting and scene. I wonder if the dogs are not prominent enough? I don't know if that's because of my monitor, or if the greens are overwhelming everything else?
Thanks CaliAnn. It maybe your monitor. I'm using an old laptop and it looks better on my pc. Getting the dogs/woman in the correct prominence has been a compromise!

Arnie, this is wonderful. I'm viewing on my laptop and can see the dogs easily, and the perspective with the woman seems fine.

I can see what a challenge this painting was. It's an enormous scene, very detailed, with a long depth of field. Your water is absolutely fantastic - I hope you don't see a need to tinker with that! ;) It's really beautiful - very well done.

Nice one, Arnie! I see the dogs plainly on my pc. You did one similar in oil pastels earlier, right?

Wow, the water is gorgeous! Love the sense of depth to your landscape, and the hint of a reflection.

Thanks Terri, Lamar, Kay and Ayin - much appreciated. Hope the Jacksons judges like it too!
Nice one, Arnie! I see the dogs plainly on my pc. You did one similar in oil pastels earlier, right?
Yes - I did. I like to do a smaller version/study in another medium before committing to a larger canvas. Find it helps to iron out problems whilst its easier to fix them. Not all make it to an oil tho!

Arnie. I like the depth, the vastness, the fast water, and the story. Where it goes off, for me, is the intensity of the darker greens and the excess of white water around the dogs. In the dark greens the trees far side of the river would be more greyed than the grass on this side of the river. The dogs are in the more shallow side so the water being slower would not kick up a lot.
It's only opinion of course so take it with a grain but do give it a thought. It's not big fixes just a little wash over your existing color. Wishing you the best of luck with your entry.

Thanks snoball and joe.

....Where it goes off, for me, is the intensity of the darker greens and the excess of white water around the dogs. In the dark greens the trees far side of the river would be more greyed than the grass on this side of the river. The dogs are in the more shallow side so the water being slower would not kick up a lot......
Thanks Wayne: I would agree with you. The bright area under the alsatian was bugging me, and the ivy too. So ive fixed it in this rework. Some touchup on the log bottom left also.

mini-MDWOils11.JPG

Thanks Arnie

Back