Media gallery soft launch

Hannah

Your pal
Admin
You may have noticed the new Media tab. It's an image gallery that copies new images from certain forums (the list of categories shows which forums) and allows the creation of personal albums.

Anyone can view, comment, react, etc., but only contributing members and moderators can set up personal albums.

Is this a brazen play for more contributing members, yes! 🙂

But we also added it because it's kind of cool, and as the categories become populated, it might be interesting to view the works as images without (much) context. If you're wondering why those specific forums/categories were chosen, they all have at least 1,000 posts. We could have added all the forums as categories, but then the list gets long.

Last but not least, we've also limited it to contributing members and moderators because we don't have an infinite amount of image storage space, and I was afraid that opening personal albums to everyone could ultimately increase our costs.

Let's see if it catches on.

Maybe this is a launch launch, not a soft launch. 🤷‍♀️

Very cool, thanks Hannah. Out of curiosity, I just dropped in a picture under Your Media that I posted elsewhere earlier in the week. It showed up under Your Media, Acrylics and the front page. For Your Albums, will this take a collection of my work, exclusive to me, or will they also show up in other categories? I don't want to wallpaper this feature. :)

Very cool, thanks Hannah. Out of curiosity, I just dropped in a picture under Your Media that I posted elsewhere earlier in the week. It showed up under Your Media, Acrylics and the front page. For Your Albums, will this take a collection of my work, exclusive to me, or will they also show up in other categories? I don't want to wallpaper this feature. :)

As I understand it, nothing should go into any albums you create unless you put it there.

If the picture you uploaded was already in one of the forums related to Media Gallery categories, then the duplication is probably what we'd expect to see.

I don't know all the ins and outs of the Media program, I suppose we'll learn them together.

I should also mention that you can upload video to the Media Gallery. But everyone has a 500MB limit on uploaded files, so keep that in mind.

As I understand it, nothing should go into any albums you create unless you put it there.
I would like to create an album of the art I've posted on this forum, but we don't want it popping up all over the place. As you say, we'll wait to see other's experience. I can delete that one picture if it gets in the way.

Cool idea but me have no funds to contribute ATM. If you need help admining the site let me know 😇

I can delete that one picture if it gets in the way.

There's hardly anything in there, so don't worry about getting in the way. 🙂 But yes, maybe wait until there are more images on display so it's a little more balanced.

It looks like the images from posts are being added to the categories there, so it should start to collect a nice cross-section of work.

Seems like just what has been posted since the launch is showing up, without uploading.

I know nothing about this yet and will have to learn more about it so I can be a better helper. :unsure:

A Media Gallery Soft Launch might evoke anticipation and excitement. Individuals could envision a sneak peek into a platform showcasing diverse multimedia content. The term suggests a phased introduction, building intrigue and preparing users for a full-fledged media experience, sparking curiosity about the content and features to come.

Back