Manatee Mama

bluemoonstar

Hello, especially to my WC friends! Here is painting I started late last spring, but then had to stop when I got a "new" shoulder in June. Couldn't paint for a few months, but I really wanted to finish it, and it was quite painful to paint for more than a brief period at a time. I finally got it finished and into the Gallery where I sell my work. It sold within two weeks! Thanks for looking.
ManateeMama6x6lt.jpg

It is beautiful! I love the composition of these two and I love the gorgeous blues in the background. Congratulations on the sale too! :)

Beautiful, I love everything in here. The patterns in the blue water, the blue sheen and the texture on the mammals skin.
No wonder it sold fast.

Wow! What a beautiful painting. Excellent treatment of the faces. Good Stuff!
I have been smacked by a mother manatee for getting too close. My fault, of course. Lots of strength in her fluke!

Wow! What a beautiful painting. Excellent treatment of the faces. Good Stuff!
I have been smacked by a mother manatee for getting too close. My fault, of course. Lots of strength in her fluke!
Holy Moley! That must have been quite an experience! I've never been in the water with them, but they are fascinating to watch at the surface, too. I used some photos for refs that were taken by a friend who dives.

Thank you all for your comments! I'm so glad her "mama's pride" comes thru!

This is wonderful! The subjects are exceptionally well done. No wonder someone snatched it up. ;) Your blues are gorgeous!

I'm glad your shoulder is better. That sounds painful.

Back