Makes One Wonder

Enyaw

namuh
bouquet.jpg

11 x 14 inches .. oil on paper .. alla prima .. painted June 24/24

I’m wondering if there’s a mother color at work here. I also wonder how much influence the textured background has on the feel of the piece and how would the flowers look if they were the only textural interest. It’s a good one!

Thanks Donna. I don’t wonder about paintings as no matter what you do someone will see something they would make different. That’s ok. That is natural. There is a home color and I didn’t like the untextured look. For that matter, I don like the textured look. I wonder why I paint when I have nothing to show. Just a rehash of yesterday’s news.

Thanks Donna. I don’t wonder about paintings as no matter what you do someone will see something they would make different. That’s ok. That is natural. There is a home color and I didn’t like the untextured look. For that matter, I don like the textured look. I wonder why I paint when I have nothing to show. Just a rehash of yesterday’s news.
Wayne, I think you paint because you always have something to show. Some new color combinations, some different subject matter, some new way of looking at your process in general. I envy your ability to try something new every day - and post the results so we can see your process and your progress. I wish I could be painting too but for now it's a real pleasure seeing what you do!

Back