Line and wash hydrangea

KatShealy

Another try

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211103-041223_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20211103-041223_Photos.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 104
Sweet. I am starting to see your style and like it a lot, it's got a loose feel and I like that more than being tight. My preference. Good work! :)

Kat, I love how this came out. It brings back memories of my grandmother. She was a very talented gardener and grew the most beautiful hydrangeas.

Anne

Kat, I love how this came out. It brings back memories of my grandmother. She was a very talented gardener and grew the most beautiful hydrangeas.

Anne
Thank you. The search for subject matter is about as much fun as drawing.

I love your style. I try something like that and it doesn't come out like yours at all!
😁

It's like a default setting. I try watercolor alone. It falls flat so I outline it with a pen and try to make people believe I meant to do that . Lol

Thank you. I really didn't want to do line and wash, but it seems I just kind of fall into things. I'll make a mess of something, and when I try to salvage it.....uh, it looks a little better than what I originally wanted to do. So the motto is, mess it up, grab a pen and then outline it (lol)

Case in point. I keep looking at this drawing (referenced from another artist's work) The colors were fun and I know there are no true lines in nature, but it didn't really pop until I outlined it with pen. Am I doomed to be a cartoonist?

Attachments

• 20210405_115950~2.jpg
    20210405_115950~2.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 66
Thank you. I really didn't want to do line and wash, but it seems I just kind of fall into things. I'll make a mess of something, and when I try to salvage it.....uh, it looks a little better than what I originally wanted to do. So the motto is, mess it up, grab a pen and then outline it (lol)
I have always said that the style finds you, not the other way around. I love your pen and wash. It may the style that is calling to you right now. Just go with it and enjoy. I know I will.

Back