Last Slide For This Baby

Enyaw

namuh
004.jpg

study .. 11 x 14 inches .. oil on paper .. alla prima .. painted June 5/22

Lavender and yellow work beautifully in this one! What a nice floral series you have done.

Thank you Donna. I am not yet done but the baby has been the last couple and she is done. Next you see the awkward teen and then the new momma and she ends the series. Funny I associate these flowers with female when in reality they are an it. Not important as they are what they are. Paintings of flowers.

Thank you CaliAnn.

Lovely, Wayne. You know you'll never go wrong with me with this color palette. ;)

Your thinking of the flowers as female has historical relevance - think of Picasso's "Woman-flower" paintings of Francois Gilot. You're in good company here.

you'll never go wrong with me with this color palette. ;)
I'll have to marry it to the next one then it will be recognizable. :ROFLMAO:

Thank you Terri
.. I must go visit Pablos and Gilot's paintings for inspiration.

Thank you again Terri. Looked up Francois and was amazed at her story. Great art as well.
Francois Gilot
I'm happy to have introduced you to Gilot, Wayne! I'm a fan of her work, and of course her story is amazing in its own right. She is worthy of respect not only for her talent but for being the only woman who walked away from Picasso and turned the tables on him. ;) Extremely progressive minded for her time.

awesome .. love her portraits .. this one in particular

«Portrait of Genevieve in white»​

Very pretty Wayne, but I wish you had more contrast between the lovely lavender flowers and the background. ❤️

Back