Killing Me Softly

Bongo

acrylic on 24"x20" hardboard
comments welcomed

killingMeSoftly02342.jpg

This is great. I love the way you give the impression of big city lights in the background. Well done!

Thank you all, much appreciated. I started out to make a painting of this creepy guy at a desolated bus stop in the middle of the night - a scene from a nightmare. But it just didn't work, that jibe just wasn't coming across. So I mixed things up, added the city in the b.g, etc. So now instead of being scared of him, there is almost a sympathy and for some reason "killing me softly with his song" kept playing in my head - so thus the title.

... the city at night is really well done .. the lighting seems wrong on the waiting stop and yet it works wonderfully as it seems to set one scene out of one book against one out of another book and because both are familiar they work together .. like putting plastic flowers in vases but wanting to make sure every body knows they are plastic by using paper vases ...

One of my favorite songs. This is a great painting. Love the city in the background (any particular city?) I love your work.

... the city at night is really well done .. the lighting seems wrong on the waiting stop and yet it works wonderfully as it seems to set one scene out of one book against one out of another book and because both are familiar they work together .. like putting plastic flowers in vases but wanting to make sure every body knows they are plastic by using paper vases ...
my thought was that the street lights put out a cooler/bluer light - also thought it would help with establishing seperation both physically and emotionally from the city.
One of my favorite songs. This is a great painting. Love the city in the background (any particular city?) I love your work.
that song is so melodic and sung so masterfully it's part of my earworm rotation. Looking for a night/city that would work as a base for the b.g. to the bus stop - found this one somewhere in El Salvado from a google search.

I also like The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face, but that's probably not the title. That is one of my favorite songs ever. Roberta Flack.

Thank you all, much appreciated. I started out to make a painting of this creepy guy at a desolated bus stop in the middle of the night - a scene from a nightmare. But it just didn't work, that jibe just wasn't coming across. So I mixed things up, added the city in the b.g, etc. So now instead of being scared of him, there is almost a sympathy and for some reason "killing me softly with his song" kept playing in my head - so thus the title.
Oh....another name that tune pic! I totally see killing me softly...

Back