image library?

Hi everyone. You can become a contributing member through your profile. If you wish to send a check, for now (September/October 2021), please make your check out to Michael Phillips. Our address is PO Box 639, Joshua Tree, CA 92252. Thank you!

HOWEVER, I apologize for the inconvenience, but at this time, and even with many contributions, we are not going to be doing any kind of image library at this time, so you might want to hold off on your checks. We just don't have the wherewithal to do it. It's something we will look at again in 2022 and consider, but it's not something we are very interested in to be honest.

Arty can give all the details, but for now take a look at your member profile. Click on Account Upgrades on the right side to see what's available. I believe we're taking PayPal atm.

Or if you dig PayPal -- we just changed "Account upgrades" to "Contributions," since it's more descriptive of what's really happening.

If there's a ton of growth over a short period of time we may become a little more vocal about trolling for contributions. ;) But for now, it's kind of an if you're feeling it thing.

From my previous post so this part doesn't get lost....
"...for those of us who do not use on-line payment methods, please give a snail mail address to send checks to. "

"...for those of us who do not use on-line payment methods, please give a snail mail address to send checks to. "
See post #21. :)

As for the image library, we are discussing it for the future, but won't do this as of now. The site has only been supported by two people's small contributions and our own funds. Suddenly, it has the potential for more members to join. Twenty plus joined today. We will probably be needing more space soon and hosting an image gallery would cost more than double a month than we pay now.

We will just have to see what happens at the beginning of next year and how many new members we get, but it's a possibility.

In the meantime, maybe there are outside sources to link to? Those kinds of resources would be very valuable. :)
Arty,with the potential growth, you might look into selling a couple of ad spaces to places like Dick Blick and Jerrys Artarama, maybe Cheap Joes Art Stuff,etc.

Please make your check out to Michael Phillips. Our address is PO Box 639, Joshua Tree, CA 92252. Thank you!

Good morning all... Just wanted to add this... I joined wc in either 2012 or 2014 and I've never even *seen* their image library... so there's that..

I always took the position that the only 100% safe thing is to use only your own photos for direct reference (and even then it might depend on what you're taking a photo of).

mbeckett's link has two good options - creative commons and something called Morgue File that I hadn't heard of. Perhaps a sticky somewhere prominent with links to such free/safe image sources would be a good alternative?

Last edited:
As a contributor to several online free photo sites e.g. morguefile, paintmyphoto, etc. it seems logical to not have a RIL at this time as there are thousands of images we have generously given.

Back