Horses

L

Lazarus

Two piece with oils. both are 60x50cm.

this one i gave as a gift. this is the only angle i picture it before the giving.

horse1.jpg

This one i painted as gift but didnt gave it at last. I have not finnished it and the painting got torn (i glue to fix it somehow).

horse.jpg

Can't not like them. Drawn to the first because of the ocean; beautiful but still leaves the horse as the main gate.

Wow, how beautiful these are! Terrific work with the strength and movement of these horses. Love these!

These are great! Your sky, sea and the horse in the first one are fantastic.
The horses in the second are fantastic (yes, again….) and I love the abstraction of the background.

Love the sense of movement in both of these. The seascape in the first one is wonderful, and the shine on the horse's coat. I too like the abstracted nature of the background in the second piece.

Excellent work on both....so much movement captured and very nicely handled with the backgrounds in both of them,
Great job.:)(y)

Last edited:
Fine painting and accurate drawing of these horses. I find drawing horses difficult.

Concerning the tear: If your canvas is primed with gesso, you can patch from the rear side by cutting a small piece of canvas from your roll. Then apply some gesso to the back side of the tear a little larger than the patch you cut, then wet the patch with gesso, apply the patch. Check the front surface for any extra gesso and wipe as necessary. It should shrink and dry tight. Once dry you can paint oils over the front surface scar, thick enough to hide it.

Beautiful works and such generous gifts. I hope you are able to repair and finish the 2nd one. The first one is stunning!

Fine painting and accurate drawing of these horses. I find drawing horses difficult.

Concerning the tear: If your canvas is primed with gesso, you can patch from the rear side by cutting a small piece of canvas from your roll. Then apply some gesso to the back side of the tear a little larger than the patch you cut, then wet the patch with gesso, apply the patch. Check the front surface for any extra gesso and wipe as necessary. It should shrink and dry tight. Once dry you can paint oils over the front surface scar, thick enough to hide it.
Thanks for the advice. this is what im doing when it happens.

Beautiful works and such generous gifts. I hope you are able to repair and finish the 2nd one. The first one is stunning!
Thank you. maybe one day. i have lots of projects and unfinnished work and yet want to start every day new painting. its all depend on the passion of the moment.

Back