Hoopoe

Balaji

This is an approximately 7.5" x 6" watercolour painting based on a wonderful photograph by TT Srinivasaraghavan. This was painted around seven years ago and I think I lucked out on this watercolour. Although I was very happy with the result, I had no idea how I had got it.

From around the time of the covid lockdowns I have spent a lot of time watching watercolour demos and workshops on online platforms and I find that unknowingly I had done some things in this piece that are actually acceptable ways of painting watercolour. Back then in 2017 I did it intuitively and with my fingers crossed.

Hoopoe.jpg

You did a beautiful job Balaji! Wow! You must be so pleased how it turned out. I totally understand your statement that you’re not sure how you got to this point, it just sort of came together. I understand that wonderful feeling. I guess after so much time doing art things start to happen for us. And taking some chances pays off too.🙂🙂

Thank you Christine. Yes, I was quite thrilled with the result. But, at that time I felt that it was just a fluke. Now, after viewing so many demos I realise that I, without any training or guidance, had actually adopted some workable techniques to get this result.

Love this! The more experienced we become the more intuitive our brushstrokes are and I am like you, no clue how certain results came about.

Thank you Kay. The explanation that you have given is both comforting and also very encouraging.

Back