Hello, Creative Sparks

High Sierra Treasures

Developing a business to promote and sell artwork. Products would be digital prints via POD (Print On Demand). Artwork is the culmination of sketches/drawings converted manually into vector and/or raster graphics.

Trying to create a small scale target audience to funnel prospective customers and then grow from there. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Currently belong to one website that provides the printing (https://highsierratreasures.imagekind.com). Might expand to similar others but need people interested in the art.

Thanks ahead of time for any comments.

Welcome to the forum!

I don't have a comment but a question. May I ask if you are here to share your work with your fellow artists, and become part of our community, or are you using this forum to steer traffic to your website? We do understand that developing an online presence can be challenging.

There is lots of info out there about how to set up an online business- the question is how do you get people to go there and buy stuff.
Other artists go to websites to get ideas and survey the competition - not so much to buy art.

To get prospective buyers there are 3 ways that come to mind and no doubt other ways.

1.Get an influencer to champion your work - and thereby influence some of their (gabillions) of followers.

2.Create something that is so unusual, so culturally relative for the time, so hits a gestalt nerve, that it goes viral and creates a buying frenzy.

3.Target a niche market (e.g. watch collectors) that are preferably underserved and have disposable cash and make art that resonates with their interest. --or organization (e.g. math teachers) etc......

and the corollary - once you've influenced, created, or targeted a group with your image, branch out to ancillary products that confer status. A painting or print hanging on a wall over the couch in your cousin's basement has limited broadcast potential. A kid wearing X t-shirt to school, a woman carrying X handbag to work, etc., a poster in a cafe

Welcome. I like your website images, you should share some here. :) I think an email newsletter is one of the best ways. Start a mailing list with friends adding as you go with folks you meet. Instead of giving out cards, get their email. Send frequently with new artwork, or a little story about one of your artworks, a show, etc. I'm sort of retired now, but when I was selling more I networked with the Chamber of Commerce and a networking club for breakfasts. Ask them to share with their friends.

I want to thank you all for taking the time to respond. I really appreciate the pointers. I want to think about them and perhaps compose a more involved response and perhaps include some of the things I've already tried.

I wasn't sure where I should post any images. The link goes to everything I have online as of now. I'm still exploring Creative Sparks forum categories. I may concentrate on Digital since that's basically what I do. Until I do that here are a few samples:

VisionQuestt.jpg
Slithert.jpg
Leapt.jpg

Back