Headland #1

MurrayG

Contributing Member
Hi folks, a 3/4 Plein Aire!
This is the infamous headland from the private beach place I mentioned earlier. I did most of it sitting on a sea wall and did finishing touches at home. Only had minimal pastels cos I landed by kayak.Rembrandt's on sanded sennelier card about 17x10 inches.
The second photo is an inprogress shot showing the "private" beach stuff on the left of photo. So, this is maybe first of a series...

IMG_4059.jpg

IMG_4053.jpg

Wow that’s so beautiful, Murray! I like the way the house is present but it’s only a part of that stunning scene. I’m glad no one came to chase you off of this so-called private beach.

Well isn’t this a beauty! Wonderful work Murray.👏🏻👏🏻
I think you are now my favourite pastel wielding, kayaking artist! 😁
My only constructive criticism is, don’t tip the kayak on the way home! We don’t want your little beauties at the bottom of the sea.
Gorgeous location. I’m just wishing I could be there with you!

PaintBoss, there are those tightly closed kayak/swimming bags where you can put even a phone and it won't get wet. I've seen swimmers using them. MurrayG, do you have one in your kayak?

Love it, fantastic work. The house you painted is the one in the upper middle of the photo, is that the one with the ""private"" beach?
How about the one on the left?

Hello everyone. Thank you all for the great comments. Every time I do pastels it's a balancing act!
I have a waterproof pouch for my phone but everything else goes in double plastic bags tightly wrapped. The illegal private does not belong to the house, different people but those stairs are closed off as well.
Just now I'm realising that my colours may be too intense and I may e could try for a more nuanced look. But ATM, that's the way it works for me!

Back