Hampster

ams

This was done as a challenge on another site. I'm hoping to add color to this but sometimes I don't get to it.

This is about 5 1/2" square, done in XL Mixed Media sketchbook. I used a micron 005 pen.

20240821Sk9 Hamster (WDE).png

Oh, he’s so cute. You really do drew that very well. I think he will really come alive with colour!

Reactions: ams
Oh, he’s so cute. You really do drew that very well. I think he will really come alive with colour!
Thanks Christine. I always had a goal to draw well. I took an intro to studio art in college hoping to learn but it was abstract art based so I wasn't able to learn there. Years later, as an adult, I took some drawing classes in a local art museum and worked through "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain", and watched LOTS of videos on how to draw. Then I practiced...practiced...practiced.

Well, you can see that you’ve practiced🙂. It really is the only way to get better. It’s funny. I read that book as well when I was starting out. And you’re right, our schools are very much into the abstract which leaves a lot of representational artists looking around. If you decide to put him in colour, I’d love to see it.

Yes your practice has really paid off, Anne; this is not only adorable but very well drawn!

Lovely depiction of the fur and eyes. And I always enjoy seeing the colored version!

Wonderful - I can see the little pink nose and whiskers twitching!

I loved the ink version and thought that you should leave it untouched...until I saw your colour version. It is wonderful! I especially love the touches of pink.

Back