Give me your honest opinion on my art

ArtCore

Before anything I want make it clear I'm not trying to promote my work.

A bit of background, a couple of people called may artwork as trash without saying why normally I would have ignored them, but in this case I can't cause I'm making this artwork for a video game so it will be available publicly and others might also have similar opinions but just polite enough not say it to my face.

So my question is it really trash, if it is what needs to fixed.

personally I have already identified some problems with my work but it great to get outside opinion.

Thanks in advance.

bg v5f.png

I'm assuming that it is digital? You have a certain "style" that should lend itself well to video games.

I'm assuming that it is digital? You have a certain "style" that should lend itself well to video games.
Yes it is digital.

Art style is mix of traditional cartoons and anime along with some personal touches.

Is the art style it self is trashy? that's what bothering me.

i can tell ya in not thirsty anymore.. :)
if That’s your thing go for it, refine it and do it again. I can never get into anime. The out of control proportions cause havoc on my ocd.

Ignore what others say (except me of course! 🤣 )- only you know what you're trying to achieve - I think it's cool!

Definitely ignore them! Not trashy at all - you have created some very distinctive characters here.

I corrected the blonde girls blouse and the guys shirt which were out of gamut. Made a slightly bigger value shift with the background, and lighten slightly the black girl. Dropped brightness overall a tab. Puts a bit more focus on the individual characters..... or maybe not, just my opinion.

2.jpg

bg v5f.png

i can tell ya in not thirsty anymore.. :)
if That’s your thing go for it, refine it and do it again. I can never get into anime. The out of control proportions cause havoc on my ocd.
Your proportions getting distorted is a real issue.

After drawing like this for a few days, I'm already strangling to draw like I used to.

Definitely ignore them! Not trashy at all - you have created some very distinctive characters here.
There is no shortage of mean people on internet, so generally I do ignore them but in this case due severe lack of feedback I had to take them into consideration.

Think I was mean? lol really? Ok.
Sorry.

completely agree wit ya. It’s purposeful at times and those are the first things I drew in 20 years.
I was talking anime in general. More less the huge eyes, huge expressions.

i do remember being into japanimation in the nineties. Ninja scroll was a fav.

I corrected the blonde girls blouse and the guys shirt which were out of gamut. Made a slightly bigger value shift with the background, and lighten slightly the black girl. Dropped brightness overall a tab. Puts a bit more focus on the individual characters..... or maybe not, just my opinion.

View attachment 31018

View attachment 31017
Thank you, this kind of feedback is what I was lacking, where they give reasoning as to why.

Think I was mean? lol really? Ok.
Sorry.

completely agree wit ya. It’s purposeful at times and those are the first things I drew in 20 years.
I was talking anime in general. More less the huge eyes, huge expressions.

i do remember being into japanimation in the nineties. Ninja scroll was a fav.
when I said "mean" I was not refereeing to you or any other member of Creativespark.

It was meant as a general statement regarding people on internet who criticize you without explaining why.

Not one person referred to it as trash.
Okay, seems some real misunderstanding here and things have gone out of context completely.

This is from my original post "A bit of background, a couple of people called may artwork as trash without saying why normally I would have ignored them, but in this case I can't cause I'm making this artwork for a video game so it will be available publicly and others might also have similar opinions but just polite enough not say it to my face." I hope it clears up the misunderstanding.

Due to my lack of command in English, my statements may not be as clear as I want to be, so please bear with me.

I don't think it's trash in any way. You are clearly talented. This is for a video game, and these characters are great for that because they are well-rendered and clear. I don't even think they are "too" anime, either. They don't remind me of that style. Everyone's neck is very thin, but that just seems like a stylization thing, not necessarily an anorexic thing. Other than the person on the far right, all the women's breasts are very large, but that is something I see in ALL video games. I can't blame you for that. ;) I don't know who or why your art was called "trash," but people on the internet can be cruel for no good reason. Ignore them.

Other than the person on the far right, all the women's breasts are very large, but that is something I see in ALL video games. I can't blame you for that.

My wife has never complained about larger breasts in my paintings as she just assumes I am inspired by her... and she certainly may be right. In fact, the only time she has made comments about the breasts in my nudes is to ask, "Why are her boobs so small?" :LOL: On the other hand, she has questioned me several times as to why I chose red hair for a given figure. She'll then ask, "Are you still thinking about your last girlfriend?" From 20+ years ago! :rolleyes:o_O

Well, that's your wife--one person, and I wasn't exactly complaining, I just mean that there are a lot of women portrayed in video games (and elsewhere) with tiny waistlines and giant breasts. So, I wasn't blaming another person adding more to the status quo.

Back