Found some more floor cloths

snoball

Certifiable
Supporting Member
Here are 3 more.

apple on floor.jpg

shoes on floor.jpg

pup on rug.jpg

I love optical illusions, (once I liked games and stuff like that)
years ago I occasionally searched for it, I looked for some to see after seeing a Trompe-l'œi painting on TV, I had seen some.

these are so beautiful, the dog or the apple have such an effect in such an incremental way, but above all they are beautiful works, the last and so sweet and beautiful,
thank you for showing us.

Outstanding!
I am going back on the thread to get more info on these (medium, cloth weight, size etc.)

Thanks Trier. :giggle: I will describe the process of making these if you wish.
Gee . .Thanks. Like as if you don't have enough to do what with helpful commenting and spreading charm all over the site.
I would appreciate it , but don't let it interfere with your other duties.
I'm kinda thinking they would also serve as contemporary tapestries or room dividers, or curtains or whatever?

Gee . .Thanks. Like as if you don't have enough to do what with helpful commenting and spreading charm all over the site.
:LOL: You're funny! Here goes....
First I staple a large piece of raw canvas (cut from canvas roll), usually 3'X 4' but in the case of the rooster, it was 3'X5', to a big plywood board. This is much like a watercolor artist fastening their paper down to keep it from curling with water.
Then the canvas gets 3 coats of latex paint, usually leftovers from room paintings somewhere. I sometimes even get leftover paint at garage sales. Then the painting is painted on with acrylic paints. When the painting is finished, it gets 3 coats of polyurethane. It is then removed from the board and flipped over and the back is given a coat of latex and one coat of varnish. Then a hem of about an inch all the way around is glued under....finished!

Back