Flowers In A Wine Bottle

Enyaw

namuh
wineflorals.jpg

11 x 14 inches .. oil on paper .. alla prima .. painted June 16/24 .. using the mother color for harmony
I will include how I use the mother color in the next painting as I forgot to do so this time round ..

winefloralww.jpg

I love this!! Your whites are clean and lovely against this gorgeous background color. I like the pale greens here. It all gels beautifully together.

Yay! ❤️

The rich red background adds a real punch to the beautiful flowers! I’m guessing the mother color has some pinky lavender in it?

Thank you Terri and Donna.

Donna, I honestly can’t remember exactly but I think it was a salmon color. I scrape all my leftovers and what comes out is the mother. So it’s a grab bag. I could never duplicate it as it’s an unknown.

Just a beautiful painting. The background is smoother than usual for you, I like it. Also like the composition with the flowers falling over the side. ❤️ 🌸 ❤️

Thanks Sno. Yes, the background was a thin layer of nice, thin layer of brush, and a scrape off.

Different that the background is smoother than your usual, and I'm liking it a lot. Brings out the flowers more. It's really profound, this one. ♥️

I really like this one. The colors are spot on. There is an element of fragility and danger in there as well. With the glass vase so close to the edge.

And compositionally wise, the arrangement of flowers. It made me subconsciously see something like this:
IMG_8139.jpeg

Back