Flowers 1 .. Flowers II

Enyaw

namuh
20.jpg

21.jpg

A sort of instrumental in between abstracts as I need a break so I can get some newer good mojo.
These are both studies, oil on paper, 11 x 14 inches, knife, painted Jan 15th and Jan 16/22

Beauties, both of them! I'm always in awe of your palettes. I think I am drawn more to the top one, it's a favorite color combo. :)

It could be on my end, but the bottom photo isn't as sharp.

Outstanding background on the second one! The mug/container on the second one has that rough-hewn quality that often arises from your style of painting. Both paintings are beautiful.

Two beauties. I prefer the second one a little bit more, but that is because I love this combination of turquoise, green and pink.

Thank you PCI, Hermes, Lamar, GrantCee, Terri, Jo, and Esther.

I guess all those abstracts allows me to make more liberal use of color.
Terri, no it's the application .. in and out of focus. Trickery.

Love both of them! I think I am a bit partial to the second one due to the color combination. It has a Victorian aura. ❤️❤️

I think they're both gorgeous, Wayne! It always surprises me that the florals that feel most life-like to me are the ones with the softest or completely lost edges like the way you paint them.

Thank you Sno .. Victorian, if nothing else, is elegant in look.

It always surprises me that the florals that feel most life-like to me are the ones with the softest or completely lost edges
Thank you Donna. I think you, are a good artist who understands that theory. It removes the stiffness.

Such stunning florals! Each one draws me in and holds my attention for awhile with the rich colors you’ve used.

Nice work on both of these. I especially like the second one where the light catches the mug and flowers. I also like how you used the same colors to make your abstract background.

Back