Early Spring Fire Wood Road

Enyaw

namuh
004.jpg

11 x 14 inches oil on paper .. Alla Prima .. painted from a ref pic I took last month .. painted May 11/22
a lot of the older guys with farms have old roads that go to the back of their property and they take their daily winter supply from there
so the roads are only used in early summer and fall.

Last edited:
Thank you Ai. I thought it was better.
Much more Post Impressionism than landscape but there is no forum for that. Kinda wish there was as stuff like this is not landscape and it's not abstract or contemporary.

Thank you Lamar and Bart

This is so nice, Wayne; it makes me miss the place I left behind in NY. There is quite an abstract appeal to this one with those big puzzle -piece shapes. I still don't know what qualifies as contemporary art, especially where landscapes are concerned.

Thank you Donna. I think of abstract as having no distinct images that fill the eye. I can a million stories if I stare at this painting for any length of time so I rule out abstract. I think of contemporary as the banana taped to the wall.
Look into those puzzles and see worlds.The beauty of an artist is that it is always artist choice and if we disconnect ourselves from shaping the world the more that world exists. Random strokes create the worlds but it's what comes out of the stroke and consequent marriage of paint through further strokes that populate the world. It's play with a light touch till you get it looking good to you.. Worlds are >>>>puzzle like shapes'

In interesting piece, Wayne, and I love reading your thoughts on process and technique. ❤️

I"m really drawn to this painting. There is such a lovely, subtle movement and light to this piece that really appeals to me. Beautiful

I thought I had commented on this but I guess not. I like how it leads into the distance. ❤️ Is that snow on the road?

Back