Dancing on The Bruce

JennieJo

Experimentalist
Contributing Member
There is that road again....
Sketchbook idea for new collection: finding strength, staying strong. About being stranded alone, in pain, on rural highway, waiting for ambulance for 52 minutes.

I need a couple of larger, or maybe one huge portrait pieces. I think this might be the start of one.

Attachments

• IMG_20221108_062054_1-01.jpeg
    IMG_20221108_062054_1-01.jpeg
    65.9 KB · Views: 71
I really LOVE this! The movement of dance is spectacular! ❤️
Thanks CaliAnn. I am thinking I might like it, eventually. Need to look at it a bit longer. I don't use pinkish tones/shades very often. Perhaps why I'm not sure. What do you think?

What do you think
Unlike how I dance (can't dance) - when I think of dance, I think of light and airy. I think those pinkish tones work really well with the subject. The colors really speak to me in this one - you are such a wonderful & gifted artist! ❤️

It's not there for me but once you put a little light and shadow it should work fine.

Thanks for sharing your initial thought for this, JennieJo; it's quite an emotional subject and I think the figure in your drawing appears troubled or out of sorts, as if things aren't quite fitting together like they should. I wonder if the pink colors are giving it an upbeat mood, not that we can't be alone and in pain and wear pink. It's funny how we associate certain colors with moods. I'll be curious to see where you take this.

Your sketch is wonderful - fluid and full of moving parts. The background story is very compelling, and I know you've touched on it before with your art. ❤️

The colors look good to me. Pinks can be easily associated with dance, as well as femininity, so this seems a wise choice to bring your story across. The disjointed flowing limbs represent the pain, going every which way.

I think you're going in the right direction here: it's fascinating! I'm already intrigued about where you'll take this one. :)

I like the pink tones, and the movement. It is a powerful piece about the body, me thinks. I can't wait to see the series and hope you go with it. :) ♥️

Back