Daisy May or Maynot

Enyaw

namuh
001.jpg

11 x 14 inches oil on paper .. alla prima .. painted June 24/22
A new version of an old scene ...

Somehow a bit of a sad atmosphere in this one...
I don't see it but as our perceptions are based on our previous sights I am sure we all experience the same piece in a different way. Thanks for your thoughts. Always interesting to hear different takes.

I like this, the way you've used light coming in through the window and illuminating the blossoms, spilling across the window sill, etc, with the contrasting dark curtain on the right. Nice composition. 👏

Beautiful, but why did Daisy try to hide behind the curtain? :giggle: It is a lovely painting. ❤️❤️

I like this, the way you've used light coming in through the window and illuminating the blossoms, spilling across the window sill, etc, with the contrasting dark curtain on the right. Nice composition. 👏
Thanks Zen .. trying to get the right mixture between not enough and too much .. I used to subtract but now I mostly add so I can build it as it develops before my eyes. If all else fails I subtract in a hurry.

Beautiful, but why did Daisy try to hide behind the curtain? :giggle: It is a lovely painting. ❤️❤️
Thank you Sno .. you never know what goes on behind closed doors: or curtains!

Your flowers always have personality - love this!
Thanks CaliAnn .. personalities are great for the spirit

Lovely shapes, beautiful light! You have a wonderful way of featuring flowers, Wayne.

Thank you Donna.
It's the letting go that allows you the freedom to move ahead. For example: I block in my values using four or five values. I then start applying color and a few minute details but I am painting based on values and what they say to me. Once I have a blockin I forget about the picture or what is in front of me for inspiration. As maybe what was a table, now becomes a pile of rocks.

Thank you Donna.
It's the letting go that allows you the freedom to move ahead. For example: I block in my values using four or five values. I then start applying color and a few minute details but I am painting based on values and what they say to me. Once I have a blockin I forget about the picture or what is in front of me for inspiration. As maybe what was a table, now becomes a pile of rocks.
That's why I like your work, Wayne. You let the painting speak instead of imposing your will on it and stifling its voice. Somehow that quality comes through.

Back