Covid Christmas

ColorEnthusiast

Playing around with the metallic colors I got as present.
Watercolors, white gouache and metallic colors on black watercolor paper 8,3 x 11,7 inch
Reference is a photo I took during the nativity play with/for the kids at Christmas Eve.
So different from the plays before Covid, but at least better than a year before when no church service was allowed at all.

DSC01325_2_pge.jpg

Beautiful job! We'll be seeing paintings, photos and all kinds of art with masks included for many a decade, I think.

Your metallic colors are glowing! Nice choice to use black paper. ❤️ Love it!

This is really special, Esther! It looks like your new present was put to good use already. Hopefully next year's angels won't have to wear masks ever again.

Thank you Donna, and I really hope we do not need so strict limitations of the number of visitors again.
Normally these services are crowded with families and excited fidgeting kids.

Great painting Esther, the metallics create a really interesting and distinctive effect (although I'm guessing the effect probably looks quite different in real life).

Thank you for all your thoughtful comments.
I really had mixed feelings during the play and this is what I wanted to capture.
In a way it was a bit spooky as Maureen said, but at the same time I was happy that it was possible to have a service and that the kids who are so excited about it every Christmas Eve were able to play. And sad that it could not be the happy crowded bustle I was used to.

Wow! I'm glad that you were able to attend and I'm glad that you shared this hauntingly beautiful impression of what you saw. Such a striking scene!

Back