citrus

bethany

Oil on ACM panel. What to do with the huge amount of citrus that we have been gifted? Paint it. The details were fun- the models behaved and didn't move! (unlike the portrait sitters I have been painting lately!)
A neighbour has had a good year for his citrus trees- he leaves buckets full on our doorstep! Too many to eat/give away despite our best efforts.
citrus med.jpeg

Nicely done! The complements work, the drapery works, the reflections are terrific and I may be envious of the cabinet they all sit upon. Good work.

Wow I love the way you painted the cloth and glass interacting with each other! Amazing work ^^

Super work! I love the fabric, the arrangement of the fruit and the reflections on the wood. How lovely to have all that citrus fruit! 🙂

Nicely done! The complements work, the drapery works, the reflections are terrific and I may be envious of the cabinet they all sit upon. Good work.
Thank you! Glad you think that the composition works. The cabinet is actually an old gramophone (no longer has the working parts) with slots for the records underneath. I bought it at a yard sale for $5! 😀

Super work! I love the fabric, the arrangement of the fruit and the reflections on the wood. How lovely to have all that citrus fruit! 🙂
I appreciate the positive comments! The fruit is wonderful- but we have too much of a good thing! :LOL:

That’s a beauty! I love how the light flows through it and those areas of reflected blue from the cloth on top of the cabinet make this one for me!

I join the others in saying what a great job you did here, Bethany. Everything is clicking with this one!

It's nice of your neighbor to gift others with his bounty - and you also got a wonderful still life from it!

I bought it at a yard sale for $5! 😀
That's another wonderful thing! :LOL: It's gorgeous!

Back