Canyon de Chelly

A

Aspenman

Sketch of Spider Rock. Enhanced with more color than my normal sketch.
20211114_152403.jpg

The depth in your color is so beautiful. You keep your darks really clear and transparent. I’m enjoying the subtle color at the bottom of the painting.

The depth in your color is so beautiful. You keep your darks really clear and transparent. I’m enjoying the subtle color at the bottom of the painting.

Thanks Jane for your wonderful reply - appreciated 😊

Those red rocks need this saturation, so I see why you made the color this way. It's excellent!

Those red rocks need this saturation, so I see why you made the color this way. It's excellent!

Thanks Artyczar I tend to over saturate some of my red rock formations- in this case, I also thought they needed it

Oh, I love this one - beautiful! Red rock country is a glorious place to be. ❤️

Those dabbed greens are perfect. A beauty, Aspenman!

Oh, I love this one - beautiful! Red rock country is a glorious place to be. ❤️

Those dabbed greens are perfect. A beauty, Aspenman!
Thanks Terri - IMHO Red Rock Country is the ONLY place to be - lived there for 7 years! A day does not go by that I do not miss it

Thanks Terri - IMHO Red Rock Country is the ONLY place to be - lived there for 7 years! A day does not go by that I do not miss it
I bet. It's just eye candy, isn't it? I think you said you're in Florida now, but I'm glad you still paint the red rocks!

I bet. It's just eye candy, isn't it? I think you said you're in Florida now, but I'm glad you still paint the red rocks!
We lived in the Sonoran desert in AZ for 7 years and painted plein air most weekends in Sedona. After AZ, we lived in Santa Fe NM for 5 years.
I'm southwestern through and through!!!!

Oh! Sedona... you're killing me. :) We have many photos and very happy memories of all our trips out there. Must have been very hard to leave the area. We've driven through AZ, been to the Grand Canyon and camped at the North Rim, hiked through the Kaibab plateau, gone to Bryce Canyon, etc. It's been some years now...too long. *sniffle*

Oh! Sedona... you're killing me. :) We have many photos and very happy memories of all our trips out there. Must have been very hard to leave the area. We've driven through AZ, been to the Grand Canyon and camped at the North Rim, hiked through the Kaibab plateau, gone to Bryce Canyon, etc. It's been some years now...too long. *sniffle*

It was very hard to leave AZ! Moving to NM was a good move Santa Fe is a great city.
300 plus days of sunshine per year and when it snows it melts in a day or two.
Great food!!!!

Back