Bulletproof II

Artyczar

Have I shown this one? Not sure. Bulletproof II, oil, paper, and thread on canvas, 24 x 24 inches.

bulletproof2.jpg

Yes, I think I've seen it but I believe it was with some other ones. Don't know that I remember the name of it though. I like these with the stitches. :giggle:

Thank you. The stitched one take a long time, but they are meditative. I only thought about posting this one because it sold and we were talking about selling. I may have posted it in WC before it sold, maybe closer to after I finished it. It is a cover-up, used to be upside down and a bit simpler. I sold it at my last show to a woman who has a famous collection, so that was good. :)

Yes I remember this one from WC, I think it was before it sold. I can really see this as an album cover. I don't know where you get the patience for the stitching, I had to sew a button on yesterday and I could have thrown the shirt out of the window by the time I'd finished 😄

Ha ha. Yes, it is very time consuming. I have to first make the stitch marks in pencil, then poke holes on each end of the pencil lines, then stitch the front, then the back of the canvas--front, back, front, back, walking around the easel. It's pretty kooky.

I like this...I am wondering about the stitching. ... are you using regular needle and thread or embroidery thread or something else. I like mixing up materials because it adds texture and interest. Can you sew paper or only canvas? Sorry to be pesty with my questions. I am really new to painting so I have a lot to learn.

I used a long needle, I think it's a doll needle, with upholstery thread. I poke holes into the canvas before I stitch so I see it from the back. Yes, I have stitched into paper too. I have also made some work using embroidery thread. Don't worry about the questions. I like answering them. :)

I used a long needle, I think it's a doll needle, with upholstery thread. I poke holes into the canvas before I stitch so I see it from the back. Yes, I have stitched into paper too. I have also made some work using embroidery thread. Don't worry about the questions. I like answering them. :)

I just had a thought: you could make a Duchampian statement by buying a Lucio Fontana and stitching up the gash.

Back