Bridge over Six Mile Creek

P. Barrie

Painted from picture I took, downtown southside of Ithaca.
20” x 16”, oils on panel.

1A07AD0F-7446-49A7-90E3-A0DD73279106.jpeg

Beautiful colour and mood Patrick. Like the feel of the gently moving water, and the bridge being there without dominating - very nice.

This is wonderful. I love the light and I love the colours on the water.

You are so lucky to live in such a quaint place. This is so well done, and the water reflections are excellently rendered.

Much thanks to all you fellow artists! ☺️
Recently I ask myself about how far I’ve exaggerated color, wondering if it could be a side effect of my mild case of macular degeneration ( dry type). I’m wondering if I’m not seeing the level of chroma that is “normal” and transfering that to mixing color?
I know the blue of the water / reflection is quite high chroma as I was substituting Prussian blue for my usual Ultramarine.

Arty, Ithaca is not as quaint as it used to be. The city has opted to let developers to have practically a free rein on putting up high rise housing as well as Cornell expanding student housing. Problems with traffic flow at certain times of day are not at all small town anymore. Although covid has given us townies a little reprieve as there seems to be less student drivers.
City roads are horrendous. “Ithaca is Gorges”. Too bad we have to drive on them. 😤

My little town is changing quickly too. It's sad when things like that happen. The gentrification is disappointing. It also drives the artists away.

Beautiful! I like the clear separation between lights and darks and your unmuddied colors. Heading down the hill from Lansing into Ithaca could be a nightmare at certain times of day and I don't miss that part of it but I do miss the farms and fields nearby.

Immense! I like that you have captured the rise and flow of the current - the river as a living breathing thing.

Pretty!
What are the orange spots on the bridge? Oh, are they clumps of leaves on a tree?

Back