Boy Blue

Enyaw

namuh
3.jpg

study .. 11 x 14 inches .. oil on paper .. alla prima .. knife .. painted Jan4/22

Very cool. It has a post catastrophic event feel. Like he is standing on the remains of a house looking down the street.

Good job Wayne. Looks like he may have been out chopping firewood. ❤️❤️

Well this one is thought provoking, Wayne. That blue boy seems at home with the multi-colored houses. Maybe he's only blue on the outside and perfectly happy with his life?

Well this one is thought provoking, Wayne. That blue boy seems at home with the multi-colored houses. Maybe he's only blue on the outside and perfectly happy with his life?
Yea, that could be too. Nothing wrong with a happy spin on things.

Laf: He is Boy Blue of course. Maybe he is soul searching.

Really nice warm and cool colors in this.
My first impression of the guy was a union soldier.

Thank you jo and Perry.

I love hearing what others find in the story line. It's fun to hear what others see. That's a good one Perry. Could be a guy on the edge of camp.

A beauty, and I'm really loving those blues! I like the angles and the suggestion of a story. Good one!

It took me a minute to even see Boy Blue, what with that riot of colors in the sky and the odd angles of the buildings. Very interesting. Maybe a Carrington-type Event would account for the sky - transformers exploding and Aurora glow. BB is heading for an old bunker in the woods, possibly avoiding those figures (the undead; Confederate bushwhackers?) over his shoulder...

Thank you Lamar. Lovely imagination. The main thing is boy blue as a whole gets your attention. I like that.

Thank you Zen and Iain

I love this...so dramatic! The colors are powerful, but also the bold black and the committed brushstrokes. To me, it conveys a sense of a lot going on - maybe there's fireworks or explosions, a war in the background perhaps...but definitely a lot of lights resulting in all kinds of reflection. The blue is my favorite. The raw power of having survived, knowing you're still alive....

Thank you Mindy .. definately a nice line: "The raw power of having survived ... like that.

Back