Birds Eyes

Bongo

going thru my files of old paintings it becomes apparent that my choice of subject matter waxed and waned quite a bit. In 2017-2018 I was into aerial views for some reason- I've posted a few here. Here's another. Has your interest in subject matter changed over time - or have you stayed the course?

Birds Eyes acrylic on 30" x 20" Yupo
birdseye1520.jpg

I for one have not "stayed the course", I am quite randomly inspired. I like this painting, you did quite well on the perspective. ❤️ ❤️

Spectacular indeed. Looks like a ton of work! It was worth it. ♥️ ♥️ ♥️ ⚡

As everyone here knows, I never stay the course.

Great job on this, Bongo. Did you do it from a photo? I can't imagine being so accurate from inside one's head. It does make you dizzy! Love the birds, too.

Have I stayed the course? For the most part. I really began to "seriously" explore art as a pre-teen inspired by comic book superheroes. As I discovered the great artists of the Renaissance and the Baroque I was struck by the notion that many of their paintings shared a love for superhuman bodies in motion dressed in costumes of brilliant saturated colors. Later, I was inspired by the figurative works of the Impressionists (Degas and Manet), Post-Impressionists (Bonnard, Vuillard, Gauguin), and the Modernists (Matisse, Beckmann, Klimt, Schiele, etc...) Some 15 or 20 years ago we lost our studio space and I was living in an apartment where painting was impossible. I began to make collages inspired by my obsession with books and reading. I continued in this direction for some 5 years... until I attended an exhibition of Renaissance paintings in Washington DC and thought, "What the hell am I doing?" I returned to figurative art at that point... painting the human figure... and have no interest in any other direction.

Back