Ballet Slippers (Color version)

ams

I started this painting with a freehand pencil sketch that I went over with pen and ink. That version is posted in Ink and Marker here: Ballet Slippers

I added color over the ink drawing using Inktense pencils using them like watercolor. I scribble with the pencil on a special palette and then pick up the color with a brush.

20240629Sk8 Ballet Slippers (WDE)-Color.png

Very nice. I really enjoy ink and watercolour. Did you enjoy adding colour and the result? Your piece made me smile. It took me back to when I was 14 and I drew ballet slippers. Great subject.

Reactions: ams
One of your best and you do many excellent works!
Thanks Joy. I was pleased with it too.

Very nice. I really enjoy ink and watercolour. Did you enjoy adding colour and the result? Your piece made me smile. It took me back to when I was 14 and I drew ballet slippers. Great subject.
Yes, I had fun adding the color. I always have this hesitation when I am really pleased with the pen and ink version as to whether I should add the color or not but I am usually pleased that I did. I enjoy drawing ballet slippers too.

I like this even more with colour added. Excellent sketch!
Thanks Balaji. I was pleased with the color version.

You outdid yourself with this one, Anne! How beautiful. I love what you're doing with the Inktense! It would be fun to watch you work. :)

Reactions: ams
Back