Artists name

Katie

I was wondering if you could help me with the name of an artist that I love and have weirdly completely forgotten his name. I would like to buy one of his paintings. The clue I have is that he did wonderful abstract landscapes and I think was from North Carolina. His work inspired me to do a painting and I called it Vista. I feel the painting had a look of his work and so I am posting it as it might help people identify the artist.
IMG_5360-003.JPG

Reactions: bob
Firstly, is this Katie from Costa Rica?….
Wow, you haven’t shown a thing here for quite a while….I like your abstraction a lot!

Firstly, is this Katie from Costa Rica?….
Wow, you haven’t shown a thing here for quite a while….I like your abstraction a lot!
Yes it is! I haven't been painting for a while but I'm thinking about it though. I don't think I can really use acrylics anymore due to my MCS and so I'm thinking of trying a different medium. It needs to be thick, non-smelling and great for creating texture.

PROS: walnut oil binder, no odor, less toxic​

M. Graham Artists’ Oil Colours are unique because they are made with walnut oil instead of the traditional linseed oil binder. Walnut oil was preferred by many artists, including Leonardo da Vinci, during the Renaissance, because it prevents yellowing as a painting ages. M. Graham’s products are highly recommended for artists with serious health concerns because, like Gamblin, they do not use solvents in their mediums, opting instead for walnut oil and alkyd. The walnut oil does make the paint dry much slower than other brands and some reviewers complained about the quality of M. Graham’s packaging.

I almost think they are talking about the binder and not the paint. I could not tell you but you could check or ask. Everything is olorless to me as I lost my sense of smell years ago. Good in some case not so much in others.

No, I thought it was like watercolour and I need something that creates texture? is it odourless do you know?
Yes, It's odorless, and it's opaque, and works like watercolor. It can only have a slight texture if you use it right, and a lot of it.

Yes, It's odorless, and it's opaque, and works like watercolor. It can only have a slight texture if you use it right, and a lot of it.
Thanks, I will have to visit our local art store to have a look at it.

PROS: walnut oil binder, no odor, less toxic​

I almost think they are talking about the binder and not the paint. I could not tell you but you could check or ask. Everything is olorless to me as I lost my sense of smell years ago. Good in some case not so much in others.
I doubt I could use oil paint even with the walnut binder. I'm going to visit my local artshop and see what they have. That's a shame about your loss of smell - I'm completely the opposite, I've got a nose like a bloodhound unfortunately and can smell the washing powder that people have used on their clothing when they get close which then makes me extremely ill. It's a hermetic kind of life some of the time.

That sucks. I hope you find something. I remember your art it was lovely, especially the blues.

Yes Katie, your art has always been very special. I am sensitive to perfumes and certain soaps (smells), but weirdly enough not oil paints and most mediums. But I also keep the cleaner (Turpenoid Natural) contained in a jar and have a well-ventilated room.

Yes Katie, your art has always been very special. I am sensitive to perfumes and certain soaps (smells), but weirdly enough not oil paints and most mediums. But I also keep the cleaner (Turpenoid Natural) contained in a jar and have a well-ventilated room.
Thanks, yeah, it's wise to be careful you don't wanna end up with what I have.

Back